Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stay true to yourself

I got to witness a conversation between 5th and 6th graders today about how being gay is wrong...according to them their parents have expressed that it's not "right" and how "disgusting" it is!!

It was surprising to me that all of these kids have been spoken to about how "wrong" and "disgusting" it is to be gay...

I have had this discussion with John (bc we watched glee together) and I explained to him that it was ok to like boys if he chose to. The MAJOR THING was that he stayed true to himself and if he ever chose to be gay that he need not to be afraid of what others might say or if they will judge him...that love is love and there is nothing wrong with begin gay!!

So tonight's motivational Monday is this: 

stay true to yourself!!

You deserve to be happy too!!

Self respect :)

I hope that you can all take something from this tonight. I also completely understand that EVERYONE has an opinion and this was just my opionion about the topic and you don't have to agree with me! 

xoxo
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment