Saturday, February 18, 2017

Dear thirty three

This is 33

In a few short weeks I will be 34....

phew thirty three is busy.

thirty three is nothing like I thought it would be...

I think I qualify as a grown up now. I have two kids, rent, a big girl job, and a somewhat better understanding of my finances (hey I'm getting there)...so those certainly seem like grown up things
and being a grown up? It's way harder than I thought it would be!

thirty three involves a lot of mom-ing.

a lot of diapers and folding socks

a lot of grocery lists

endless little people who want to eat...can you believe they actually want to eat?

It's a lot of running around cursing and breaking up more fights than there should be.

It's a bit of wondering where I went in the midst of the backpacks and bills

But I'm learning that the best thing for my boys is to be ME for them, and I suspect that involves more than dishes and work.

I am Happy!!

Although I don't really have a good handle on what thirty four looks like...

I think it will involve more patience than the previous years and a lot of pondering questions.

Dear thirty three,

it's been real...

xoxo
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment