Saturday, January 25, 2014

Everyone has a story....


 
Last year on my birthday I wrote this post on my facebook page...I have always wanted to write a book about my life..not because I think my life has been so inspiring and life changing, but because I want to show people that may have gone through the same thing as I did...that life doesn't have to end and it does go on!!! you decide your fate...and I could have easily called the shots differently, but I knew I wanted a better life and I was going to prove to everyone that I could make a better life for myself!! 
 
30 years ago 2 twins were born, Holding on for dear life, both addicted to heroin and suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome. At the age of 2 the twins lose their mother and father, they are then taken in by their aunt and uncle. Life growing up wasn't always the best of times...their uncle was an alcoholic, and their aunt was the most loving women they will ever meet... and they provided an excellent home for us...and I will forever be grateful...At 17 I decided that It was time to move out, I graduated with my senior class of 2002 and didn't talk to my parents for 2 years, (which I regret to the fullest, because I lost so much time with them, that I will never get back) at 23 I was 7 months pregnant with my first son and lost my aunt who I called mom to lung cancer. After my Aunt (mom) passed away my Uncle (dad) continued to drink and things took a turn for the worse, He was drunk one day and got into a really bad car accident...they couldn't find his truck or him for hours because he was so far in the woods...luckily they found him unconscious and alive...and due do this is accident is when he finally decided to quick drinking!! at 24 I finally got the courage to get out of the horrible relationship I was in, at 27 I had my second son with my husband Brian...and at 29 on July 12, 2012 (my first son's birthday)...I lost my dad to lung cancer...YES life has not been the easiest for me and my family, but I survived and never gave up, and TODAY at the age of 30, I celebrate STRENGTH, LIFE, AND LOVE!! Please share my story with others...In hopes that they too will never give up!! Happy birthday to my Twin Tony Russomanno...I love you with all my heart, and I hope one day we can reconnect with each other!!
 
I hope that whoever is reading this is inspired to live everyday to the fullest and know that everyone that you meet has a story...please share my story and lets continue to inspire people!!
 
P.S. Next weeks challenge will have something to do with this <3
 
P.P.S Don't forget to submit your inspiring note for someone to see...if you don't know what I'm talking about...read the post before this one!!

xoxo
Alana
 

4 comments:

  1. Like I said earlier.... you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are an amazing woman - full of strength, determination and courage. Adversity breeds success.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 thank you all for your sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete