Friday, January 1, 2016

cheers to 2016

What did you do last night to bring in the New Year...

I laid in bed and watched HGTV "Caribbean Life" and wished I had anywhere from 300k-500k to drop on a beautiful house and not work! Although I know that I couldn't actually uproot from my hometown and leave all my friends and family, But a girl can dream can't she?
I was fairly hesitate to write a "Resolutions" post as they tend to bore me. Who cares if you plan on eating more kale and less processed food? You probably won't anyway

But on a personal level I thought I'd take a look back at what I stated as my intentions for the past 365 days. These included:

Traveling more
Go to a concert
....and something about not being a social media whore

I definitely didn't travel anywhere...unless you consider VA beach or watching destination TV traveling, but I did learn that you need money to go places so that has led me to a new goal for this year, but we will go into that later.

Nope...no concerts for me! I didn't really try either though so I don't feel as that should be held against me, but who needs a concert when you have a working s-t-e-r-e-o in your car.

It actually makes me cringe that I wrote "social media" as a resolution. Sure, have that as a resolution, but that should definitely have been filed under the "things to keep in my head" But No. Resolution wasn't achieved, how else do you think I amused myself over this past week. That resolution is going to the bin.

SO WHAT ABOUT THIS YEAR?


I am going to break down my resolutions for 2016 into the following categories:

Big goal

Finish something...anything maybe one of the many craft ideas that I have inside my head I'm pretty sure that I have gold spray paint and some coffee mugs somewhere around here...lol

Medium goal

Look after myself better physically and emotionally. Over this past week I realized that I do not eat well at all, WHEN I'm off my schedule eeekk...oh who am I kidding all the time...emotionally I need to remember that blocking out things isn't always the answer. Sometimes you need to confront things head on and handle them instead of acting as if it never happened.

Small goal

I want to improve my blogging. Blogging is yet another one of my creative outlets (hobbies that help me keep my shit together) I consider blogging to be a form of journalism and being able to translate my thoughts and emotions into an image for my readers to enjoy. I've always been a big fan of Instagram and lately have used Instagram as a form of blogging, but I can't write everything that I want under one picture. 

I hope that you all surround yourselves with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don't see it yourself.

cheers!!

xoxo
Alana 








No comments:

Post a Comment